You know it's going to be a good day when it starts with your kitchen looking like this.

Last year Doug made me an amazing birthday dinner and we got all dressed up to eat it. It was so fun we decided to make it a tradition. I was sick for most the day (a fact that should not be surprising) so Doug took our new, comfy leather chair and ottoman (on a side note, can I just say that I LOVE shopping on Craigslist?) and brought it up to the kitchen so I could lie right by him while he cooked. It was fun to watch him at work.
This year's birthday meal consisted of homemade pasta with a tomato cream sauce (yep, he rolled out the dough for the noodles and chopped the tomatoes for the sauce all himself) accompanied by eggplant Parmesan made from scratch. It was incredible. I'm pretty sure I will be dreaming of that meal for years to come.



Oh, and yes, we all had to dress for the occasion. Even Georgie.
Last year Doug made me an amazing birthday dinner and we got all dressed up to eat it. It was so fun we decided to make it a tradition. I was sick for most the day (a fact that should not be surprising) so Doug took our new, comfy leather chair and ottoman (on a side note, can I just say that I LOVE shopping on Craigslist?) and brought it up to the kitchen so I could lie right by him while he cooked. It was fun to watch him at work.
This year's birthday meal consisted of homemade pasta with a tomato cream sauce (yep, he rolled out the dough for the noodles and chopped the tomatoes for the sauce all himself) accompanied by eggplant Parmesan made from scratch. It was incredible. I'm pretty sure I will be dreaming of that meal for years to come.

2 comments:
That dinner looks divine, and you all look wonderful.
Happy Birthday!
That is so fun! I love that you dress up....even Georgie. And that meal looks incredible. My mouth is watering just looking at it.
Post a Comment