Sunday, September 13, 2009

Busy Week!

We've had quite the busy week, and yesterday was the perfect way to end it!

My Aunt Lolli works for L3 in Salt Lake and yesterday was their 'Family Day'. It was so fun! All the different departments planned a hands on activity to explain what they do. We got to freeze Otter Pops in liquid Nitrogen, watch people solder electrical stuff.. (hmmm this part would be a lot more detailed if Doug was writing it...) into pennies and then take on of the pennies home, send our name to Mars (and get a certificate to prove it), make charm bracelets with the different colors of wire Cabling Department etc etc. It was a lot of fun. I love watching people in their chosen environment, so my favorite part was just seeing all the scientist and engineers get so excited to explain what they've spent their lives working on.

After that Doug and I went on over to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for a wedding reception for Mike Anderson, one of my good design friends. We had a little mini reunion there and it was so great to see the guys I literally spent all of my waking hours with for my three years of BYU before my mission. It's still kinda sad to me that we're all so spread apart now. It's amazing how close you get to people when you see them ALL day every single day. I'm glad I got to see them for a couple of hours at least. I'm looking forward to the next wedding when we get to do it again!

No comments: