Sunday, April 13, 2008

One more week!

I'm excited to say that a week from tomorrow my Senior Project will officially be on display in the Crabtree Building on the BYU campus. This is exciting news for me since this presentation has been a reason for a lot of stress in my life for a long time!

I've been planning a little website full of wedding invitations and baby announcements and such that I have designed. My Senior Project was to learn how to create a website (I took a bunch of classes on web design and flash and the like to get a small foundation) and then make a site to get me started. The main goal by the end of the semester is to have enough cards on there so I can show people what I can do and hopefully get some requests for custom designs. In the future the site will be a lot cooler- it's still pretty basic. For any of you who would like to see the progress feel free to go to jessicageorgedesign.com


I did get a chance to get out a little bit this week. On Friday I got to see my cousin Julianne. She's starting up a really cool business that takes old home videos and transfers them onto DVDs. My personal favorite part is that she puts on a custom main menu that includes screen shots of different parts of the movie so you can see whats on it. AND (you can tell I'm a designer because this is the coolest part to me) she'll put them in a real DVD case with a custom design and even has this printer that can print right on to the DVD so it'll match. Such fun toys! If I could, I'd honestly just take movies of grass growing so I could design a DVD cover and label! I did get to help her make a logo and it was tons of fun. Here's how it turned out-


3 comments:

Laura said...

HEy - you just gave me the greatest idea! haha I have been trying FOREVER to figure out a cute design for labels/tags. I am trying to start a website that sells cute bags, nursing blankets, aprons, there's a lot of random things- BUT can't figure out how to make a cute logo. So maybe we can talk! :) ahah - love the website bty!
0h - do you have julianne's email?

Jason & Kelli West said...

How exciting that you are almost done!!! That must be ahuge relief! I can't wait to see all of the work you have done! I think you are so talented!!

Nathan said...

Jess, we didn't know about your blog till yesterday. It's been so fun reading it and checking out all your projects and design stuff. I'm so impressed, I knew you were good, but never was able to look at it. You are amazing! I love your logo, someday when you can breath again (post BFA, ahhhhhh!, it's almost done!) lets do a trade, i really need a great logo for my business. I love how yours was elegant and simple . loved it. take care, take pics of your bfa display and post them. i wish we coudl see it. I can still remember how i felt when i turned in my bfa a stuff and walked away from the HFAC, ahhhhhh....