Sunday, April 6, 2008

The house hunt begins!

Doug and I have been thinking about buying something to live in when our contract is up. Right now we're really leaning towards a duplex so we can live on one side and have someone who helps pay our mortgage living on the other. We've done a lot of online looking and finally this week we decided we needed to get out there and actually look at some of these places.

We made plans to go see one or two duplexes each day after work/school. A pretty big move seeing as how it's the end of the semester and I'm trying to get a BFA presentation together so I can graduate. (for those of you who have never known someone who's getting their Senior project together for any 'bachelor of fine arts' degree- it's really really really time consuming) We've been so busy that Doug has been coming home from work and doing homework with me just so I can finish! He's honestly as excited for graduation as I am 'cause he'll get to stop doing homework too!

Our first appointment for home exploring was on Tuesday. An hour before we have to leave to see the house Doug calls me while I'm in class to tell me that his car broke down. Of course.
The busiest of weeks always have to get a little crazier- right?

Honestly the rest of the week was a blur, but by the end of it we'd seen a few duplexes. I'll be honest- a couple of them were so disgusting I really wonder if they're safe for people to even stand in, let along LIVE in. There is one that was ok and is officially on our list of 'maybes'. Unfortunately it smelled like the previous owners lived with 23 pet dogs. Ok, maybe just 3 but... wow. I'd definitely have to look into deodorizing a place before seriously considering it!

We were also able to fix our car and do...a little bit of homework... hopefully next week will be a little less crazy!

No comments: