I think we are actually getting into a routine in our new,
Ohio life. Sure, it’s been 5 months
since we’ve moved here... but the first 3 months were stolen by pneumonia
(after the last post, Doug’s pneumonia got bad enough that he was in the
hospital for a bit... and then he came home and I got pneumonia... and so you
see where those 3 months went. Because pneumonia
lasts FOREVER), and then the holidays set in so I feel completely validated when I say that we're just now settling in. J
 |
| Witch's Tea in October! |
I've been getting to know the local sewing world and introducing my patterns to the area. Doug's liking the project he's working on at his new job. We've both really loving Solon- it's the perfect sized city in my opinion. (Big enough we're close to stuff, but not big enough to be overwhelming.)
 |
| Showing off my patterns at a local Quilt Shop's Christmas Tea event |
We've had a few fun, big ticket events with family- a trip up to Ann Arbor to see my brothers before Christmas and several fun parties with Marika's family and my parents down here.
It's a little harder to explain how we've spent our time on the day to day events.
 |
| BLT with an entire pound of bacon. Good eating in MI :) |
Like I said before, pneumonia really did put us into survival mode for about 3 months so those don't count. But what have we been doing with our spare time all during December and January??? I guess we've just been settling. It's funny how you work your life around certain things that you don't even realize are important until they're gone. Like a brand of whole wheat bread, some pre-prepared foods that every Costco in the world really should carry or a favorite restaurant that you totally took for granted. I can't tell you how many times I've looked for a replacement Kneaders (I've officially given in and realized we just need to appreciate the amazing pizza and subs that we have ALL OVER and are so amazing. But it was so sad to go through an entire October without one Kneader's Pumpkin Steamer) or how many loaves of whole wheat bread we've tried. (Oh, Aspen Mills, how I miss you! I should just give in and learn to embrace the rye and pumpernickel that are so prevalent here but I just can't quite make myself take the leap...)
 |
| Thanksgiving at the kid's table that I got to decorate (yes, I sewed that ship centerpiece for the occasion. Because I'm crazy.) |
It's nice to finally feel like we've got our routine. Sure, we still can't find a loaf of whole wheat that worth eating, but there's this ice cream shop a few minutes away that makes my mouth water just thinking of it. The Italian and Jewish cuisine really is amazing here, and our local grocery store is so nice that I actually get a little sad if I don't get a chance to each week. (who knew?)
Give us a few more months and we're bound to be a pizza loving, pumpernickel eating, Ohioan family. I can't wait.
 |
| Christmas Village with a old fashioned Christmas Train ride with the Michigan family |
No comments:
Post a Comment