Last week we got to go to the UVU Student Show gallery opening. I love going to gallery openings- the excitement, the new art, meeting the artists. You walk in and the sense of accomplishment fills the air so thick, you can't help but feel it too. I could probably go to one every week for artists I'd never heard of and they'd never get old. (though, at this point Doug is still nice enough to pretend he doesn't hate going to them with me... I probably shouldn't push my luck!)
I was lucky enough to get a painting into the show this year (it's a juried show- so your piece has to be accepted by a judge) which made it double fun. Just looking at it made me drool for color. (I've been taking a portrait drawing class this semester- which has been fantastic- but we do everything in black and white and my fingers are itching to work with color again) Just a few more weeks and I'll be on Summer break. Woot! I've already got a few art projects planned out in my mind- I'm excited to get started!


1 comment:
Awesome Jess!
Post a Comment