I was so excited this morning when I listened to this! I have seriously prayed for these answers in this talk for 7 years. (see? tender mercies everywhere!) Finally an explanation of how to balance faith in God and acceptance in His plan.
On a slightly related note, I'm on a holter monitor today. I feel like I am turning Borg. (have I ever mentioned that Star Trek is the best insomnia medicine? Well, Star Trek and sleeping pills- neither works well alone. I've watched the first 10 minutes of almost every episode.) It's a silly idea, really. I go in, tell the cardiologist that about once a year I have these crazy episodes and that I just had one a few weeks ago. So what does he do? Hook me up to a machine just in case it happens in the next 24 hours.... Apparently cardiologists don't have to take a lot math classes.
So I've spent the whole day trying to pass out so we could get it on record. Fun fun! Hopefully someone in my neighborhood is having a bad day and looks out her window. At least someone would get a good laugh out of this!
1 comment:
Watching Mary Poppins (oddly enough) always puts me out like a light. I remember always falling asleep as a kid before Mary ever entered the scene and I just tried again a few weeks ago....snoring like a baby after 10 minutes. Technicolor musicals! Try it!
I'm about to watch the Elder Bednar clip. Should we pray that you can pass out on cue?
Post a Comment