Friday, October 5, 2012

Doug's New Calling

When we were first married Doug got called into our ward's Elder's Quorum Presidency where he happily served for the year we lived in our apartment.  When we moved into our house we where excited for change.  New people, new ward, new callings-  Right?!

Well,  I got a new calling.  Doug was called into the Elder's Quorum again.  At that point I laughed- it was apparently where he needed to be!  But it wasn't just then- in the 5 years since we moved to our first ward, our Elder's Quorums have had 4 different presidencies, and Doug has been in them all.

So I'm sure you can understand our excitement when, a couple weeks ago, Doug was told the presidency was going to be released!  His 'Forever Calling' would actually come to an end! We were excited and a little nervous to find out where he'd go as we made a mental list of all the open callings in the ward.  When the stake presidency called and asked him to come in we, of course, got even more nervous.  Forget the ward, now we were thinking all of the vacancies in the stake.  I  just hate waiting for those interviews to finally come!

But come it did and I still break out in giggles when I think of the councilor in our Stake Presidency leaning forward and saying, "Doug, we'd like to release from your calling as First Councilor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency and call you... as the First Councilor in the new Elder's Quorum Presidency."

Ha! Well, I guess you can change the official number to 5; five presidencies in a row that Doug as served in. I'm seriously beginning to think his calling will never change.

3 comments:

Stacey Mom said...

Thats awesome! Doug must really rock at that calling!

Unknown said...

hahahaha, that's what you get for wearing a suit to church your first week there. And, I'm guessing you shaved too? hahaha ;)

Janelle said...

Doug rocks. :) I guess there's always something new to learn, right?