I love Easter week! I can't believe it's already here- I feel like I'm still waiting around for winter to hit. Not that I'm complaining!
Every year I try to add one meaningful thing to our Easter tradition, mostly trying to make it easier to include Christ in the season. It's pretty hard! I feel like there is nothing out there when it comes to religious Easter- so I end up making my own thing. Last year that ended up with me making that crazy Easter Quilt! This year was much simpler (thank goodness!). I designed a little, printable Easter Advent Calendar. Each day for one week you get to flip over a card and see what Christ did that day on His last week- there's even a scripture reference you can look up if you're feeling particularly productive. I designed it with my Activity Days girls in mind so it's pretty simple, but I was actually really excited to turn the first tag on mine today!
This file is going into my digital pile of 'Things I Might Make Available for Download on an Official Site Someday' and before it officially makes the cut, I'd love some pattern testers! It's super easy to make (my 8 year old AD girls each made one with no problem) and the file includes a color version you can just print on white paper, or a B&W version you can print on scrapbook paper. (the one in my pic is the B&W one on colored paper) To make your own, just click here for instructions and printable files. All I ask is that you have any problems please let me know so I can fix them!
Hope you all have a wonderful week and find some time to keep in mind all of the miracles that happened in the week preceding Christ's resurrection.


2 comments:
Hey Jess,
So I love the advent calendar. I have been wanting to do more Christ-like activities too. So I printed the Black and white version, and the B&W Tag paper did not print properly. 2 of the 8 tags where off the page, but the other end of the paper had plenty of room to fit all 8 tags. Anyway, it could be that my printer is off, but the last page with the numbers printed just fine.
Thanks so much for the advent calendar...I am so lucky to have such a talented friend!!!
A friend was just telling me at church yesterday that they do something similar to this.
I thought it was such a great idea and then you posted this and I was super excited because you've done all the work for me! And its so simple!
Here are a few suggestions that I had after I looked it over. First one, on Monday I think he also threw out the money changers at the temple (although you can't always include everything), then the other idea is to include a scripture on the bottom of each card to use as a reference if you want more info.
Either way I'm planning to print them off and I think you have done a great job on them.
I wish you were my daughter's activities day leader! In fact I'll have to pass this idea along for next year.
Post a Comment