The other day Doug was out mowing the lawn (this was a few weeks ago, so imagine it a little warmer) just like any other Saturday. I was working on something inside and looked out the window to see Doug on his hands and knees searching for something in the grass. I figured he'd lost a contact so I went out to help him find it. (nothing quite as sad as seeing a practically blind person searching for something that's made to look invisible)
I went out, crouched down beside him and asked, 'Lost your contact?' He looked at me and laughed. 'Nope, the sprinkler box.' Wait, what? 'You mean that huge green pipe thing over in the corner?'(my sprinkler system vocabulary is clearly very sophisticated) 'Yup.'
So there we were, crouched on our hands and knees fingering through every inch of grass to look for an 8 inch in diameter box (see above picture) that we both knew the location of! The grass had grown so thick all summer it had completely covered it. How cool is that? I couldn't stop laughing, we seriously could not find that thing! Eventually Doug had to put the lawn mower down as low as it would go and keep mowing until we finally found a corner of it. I'm so proud of our grass!
Now, because I just spent all that time bragging I feel like I need to equal things out a bit. Here's is a picture of our peas. The second time we planted them this summer. That's right, completely dead. Again. Know why? Because we were too lazy to stake anything for them to climb up. All we had to do was shove a couple sticks in there and tie some string! But nope, we were too lazy. Both times! So don't be thinking we have this amazing yard or anything, just funny grass stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment