A few weeks ago we got a letter (well, actually a random sheet of paper stuffed into our mailbox which, if I'm not mistaken, isn't even a legal delivery method...) informing us that one of our neighbors is getting cable and they'd have to go through our yard. No big deal I thought. We've had people come install things in our house, they just string some wires through these nice little underground pipes that are already installed and the whole process is over in an hour or so.
I was a little surprised when 30 bright orange flags showed up in our yard accompanied by an entire mural of bright orange and yellow spray paint but I figured it had to be done so why worry about it. The flags sat there for a week or so when suddenly our entire front yard transformed into a storage area for a hundreds feet of orange pipe. (Oh, and don't think they stacked it neatly in the corner or anything, this pipe was randomly thrown all over our yard)
Ok, I thought, it's ugly but it's not doing any permanent damage.
It sat there for days without being touched. Whatever these guys were doing, they sure weren't doing it in a hurry.
Then yesterday they started digging. Really?, I thought, You can just dig up someone's property without any type of notice besides an illegally delivered slip of paper informing me that you'd be on my property? Well. It was just a small hole. So I came to terms with it and went about my day. We could plant a little grass to cover the dirt as spring came. No big deal right?
Well, I knew it was a bad sign when I woke up to the sounds of heavy machinery this morning.
I mean seriously guys? Our poor little yard! Are these people even a cable company? I feel like this is a whole lot of destruction just to get a few extra TV stations.
I sure hope our neighbors really really watching TV.
I was a little surprised when 30 bright orange flags showed up in our yard accompanied by an entire mural of bright orange and yellow spray paint but I figured it had to be done so why worry about it. The flags sat there for a week or so when suddenly our entire front yard transformed into a storage area for a hundreds feet of orange pipe. (Oh, and don't think they stacked it neatly in the corner or anything, this pipe was randomly thrown all over our yard)
Ok, I thought, it's ugly but it's not doing any permanent damage.
It sat there for days without being touched. Whatever these guys were doing, they sure weren't doing it in a hurry.
Then yesterday they started digging. Really?, I thought, You can just dig up someone's property without any type of notice besides an illegally delivered slip of paper informing me that you'd be on my property? Well. It was just a small hole. So I came to terms with it and went about my day. We could plant a little grass to cover the dirt as spring came. No big deal right?
Well, I knew it was a bad sign when I woke up to the sounds of heavy machinery this morning.
I mean seriously guys? Our poor little yard! Are these people even a cable company? I feel like this is a whole lot of destruction just to get a few extra TV stations.I sure hope our neighbors really really watching TV.
5 comments:
What a mess - I'm sorry! Seems like they should at least re-seed for you - that's what our town did when they messed up the edge of our yard repaving our street this fall.
That is crazy. You think they'd at least have to have you sign something to give your permission.
That's just wrong! And, I love that you took a picture of the workers....hahhaha.
I don't think you have much say IF it is in the easement area. If they are still there and you feel up to it go and talk to them about the repair of you lawn.
to tell you the truth that would make me mad. I think that they should be responsible for the damgage of your poor yard. I hope it all gets fixed and looking pretty.
Post a Comment