
My brother Andrew and his wife Lauren came up from Columbus to see us at my parents house. We all drove out to the house we'd rented in Pennsylvania for our family reunion and then took advantage of the extra day we had before everyone got there and headed up to New York City for a day. I just love the city. All the people and cultures and excitement and public transportation (the world would just be a better place if we could all just use public transportation, in my opinion). We spent the morning seeing some sites- Times Square, Central Park, the M&M store (ok, that last one isn't so much a site to see in NYC, but we went anyway).
We met up with my sister Marika and her family at the Metropolitan Museum of Art where I literally spent hours entranced by the beauty of fine art. We wrapped up the day by visiting FAO Shwartz (a huge toy store that happens to be the home of the huge piano featured on the movie 'BIG') and a trip to Little Italy for some New York Pizza.

2 comments:
WOW, It sounds like you got to see some great things in NYC. I love the museums! The real thing or picture is so much better the the photo. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family.
I totally agree with you on public transportation. Someday, maybe UT will understand how it works. But by then, hopefully I won't be here anymore...
Post a Comment