Sunday, March 1, 2015

Instagram Killed Blogging

I've been thinking a lot about what to do with this blog...

I feel like in the past year just about everyone has been leaving their personal blogs in favor of Instagram accounts, which I completely understand.  It's much faster in general, and super easy to do from a smart phone.  It's been a hard switch for me though, since the main purpose I've been writing this blog is to make a blog book every year.  (There are online companies that will upload all the info from your blog and print it into a nice, hardbound book.  I've done one every year since Doug and I were dating- it's awesome!)

Slowly and surely technology is catching up with my needs. :)  The blog book companies started allowing you to upload your Instagram photos to make a book.  However, they can not yet (as far as I can tell) upload the text you write to go with the picture... which in my opinion makes the photo book infinitely less valuable.  So the search continued...

Very recently the Project Life app was released (a scrapbooking ap that actually has come nice layouts and lets you save print quality files) and I got excited... if I could save my text ON the images, then my photos could still have captions when I upload them for my yearly book.

I think I've finally found a way for a personal Instagram account to make sense for me :)  So I joined ( my account is j_ssgeorge ) and I'm excited to have found a simple way to keep our adventures documented.

What does that mean for this blog?  I'm not so sure.  I'll probably post my Instagram photos on here for those of you who don't want to deal with yet another social media account.  We'll see how it goes :)
 

1 comment:

Sherwood family said...

Keep blogging/posting Instagram. I don't use Instagram, and I want to keep in touch!