
I know that as soon as I say this, everyone who knew me in college is going to laugh out loud. But here it goes... Doug and I have really been into playing games lately.
I know, I know. But let me explain before you laugh too hard.
When I look back at college I just envision me sitting in a room full of people I don't know, being completely humiliated because we were playing a board game that is supposedly fun. Not my favorite thing. And after a few years of it I got more vocal about my opinions. Those games were horrible! (I'm not going to name any because I'd inevitably horribly offend someone) They either made me feel stupid, horribly awkward, super embarrassed or (most often) all of the above. Just thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach.
So when some friends invited us over to play games a while back I was hesitant. But we went. It was the weirdest thing- I had fun. I think it was a first for me. Since then we've found a whole list of games that we've enjoyed playing- mostly all Eurogames. Our current favorites being Carcassonne, Agricola and Dominion. It's been a great way for us to spend the evenings when I'm too sick to get off the couch.
Who Knew?!
4 comments:
I love agricola!
First, I'm shocked! Second, I wish you could teach Ben how to like games. I really like playing games and he does not.
Although now that I think about it, it's more that he just doesn't like people. Oh well.
I didn't realize you don't like games. And it is hard for me to imagine you feeling self conscience for not doing well in a game.... I always think of you, especially at BYU, as someone with the highest self confidence! I am glad you had a good experience with games. I love, love, love playing games (certain ones) and can't get enough, much to my husband's dismay!
Agricola is Latin for farmer. Does the game in any way deal with farming and/or plowing a field?
Post a Comment