Thursday, November 19, 2009

This Month

It's been a while since I wrote about what we've been up to lately. I wish my reason was because we'd been SO busy there just wasn't a moment in the day to write about things. Instead, I've been sick... a lot.... and while blogging is super fun, lying in bed and staring at the wall has been my most common pass time the past few weeks.

Now, before you go thinking that I'm complaining here, let me go on. We have Netflix. A wonderful world of unlimited online viewing right at your finger tips. And Doug even went and got me some Bon Bons (yes, we did have to wikipedia 'bon-bon' first just to figure out what exactly they are...) just so I could say that I lay in bed all day watching TV and eating bon bons. Now who could complain about that? In fact, I bet the great majority of you are even feeling a small bit of jealousy.

In addition to my delightful bon bon consumption, we have been up to a few different things including-

Freezer meals. Just look at this freezer! Doug made all these so I wouldn't have to cook while I was sick. I'm pretty sure this is what our freezers will look like in Heaven.

Baby Booties. These have been my favorite project as of late. I just can't keep them- whenever I show them to people they insist on buying them from me even though I wasn't trying to sell them. I'm currently working on making a real pattern for them (I already 'made' the pattern for them, but right now it consists of a bunch of random pieces of fabric that no one would understand but me) and maybe evening selling it. Maybe. Unless I get too tired- and then I'll probably just stare at the wall some more. We'll have to wait and see.

Family Website. I already told you guys about the project blog. Well, slowly and surely other blogs have emerged. They are all in the VERY early stages. But I come from the most opinionated family in the world so they're bound to contain some entertaining conversation... eventually... I'm still not quite convinced that many of them will take off- but it will be fun to see which ones end up working. If you want to see our progress, you can check out updates of all the different blogs at OurPinata.com.

9 comments:

Gramma Delt said...

you are in trouble, if I am young enough to read this, then your siblings have to be--they ARE younger than I am.

marika said...

I am tramatized about your freezer full of meals. I don't know if I have ever in my life seen something so beautiful.

Laura said...

I was just thinking about you today and wondering what you were up to. Apparently you can read my mind!

I'm sorry that you've been feeling crummy, but holy cow, those freezer meals are awesome! (Also the baby shoes.)

Catherine Agnes said...

I love the shoes, and that collection of freezer meals is amazing!

MaryAnne said...

Your booties are adorable! Maybe you could sell them and/or the pattern on artfire? I think it requires less upkeep than etsy since it's free?

I am in awe of Doug's freezer meal stock - you have an awesome hubby!

Karen said...

love the booties!!! I am sooo Jealous of your freezer! Not only does it look delicious, but it is so neat and organized...half the time I do not know what all is in my freezer. :)What a sweetie your man is!

gregandlaura said...

So sorry you are sick! What an amazing husband to help out with all those meals!! AND... LOVE the baby booties!!! AHHHHH seriously - you are amazing - I will buy the pattern today!

Grant and Kristin Collard said...

Jessica! I'm sorry you have not been feeling so good lately. I hope things get better soon. Those shoes are adorable, in fact I would like some booties for Jack if you are selling any more... :)

Mark Christie Family said...

Those are way cute booties! And I am jealous of all those frozen meals Doug made. What a guy. Hope you are feeling better we are sorry we missed everyone at the Christmas party this year but couldn't make it on Thanksgiving Day.