If there is one thing in the world that makes me horrifically uncomfortable it's hair cut talk.
'So....... you go to school?' 'No, I finished a little while ago'
By this time she is exactly 1 1/2 mins through a 45 min. hair cut and we already know enough about each other to know that we have absolutely nothing to talk about for the next 43 1/2 minutes. Then the worst is when you go back. You both already know you have nothing to talk about, but you gotta get your hair cut. So then the stylist sits you down and starts having a conversation literally over your head with the stylist next to her about something you feel completely uncomfortable even listening to. I really can't think of another situation where it would be ok for two people to stand up, sit someone down between them, and then chat for an hour.
So basically I really like to put off getting my hair cut. I can go a LONG time before I feel the need to go through that again.
A few months ago I was looking at my hair-which had gotten REALLY long and needed to be cut- and realized it was almost long enough to donate to Locks of Love. I was really excited. Not only did it give me an excuse to put off getting my hair cut for a few more months (it had to grow just a little bit more) I got to do something good for someone that I never thought I'd have the discipline to do. (If I'd actually planned to grow my hair that long it would have felt like FOREVER. Waking up one day and realizing that it was long enough was pretty nice)
Then we bought our house and got so busy that I never got around to getting it cut. My hair got SO long. Longer than it's ever been. It was nice- I was able to donate 11 inches instead of just the 10 I'd planned on. Check out how long it was-

Here's the new look (with the hair that I get to send in the mail- something I'd never really thought of doing before...) I'm pretty excited. I can put off cutting my hair for a while now and if people ask I can just say I'm trying to grow it out!

8 comments:
Cute hair!!! I totally laughed when I read this. I feel exactly the same way and NEVER wanted to cut my hair, then I met a friend that cut hair. IT was the best thing to ever happen!!
I love the hair! I agree about the hair cut talk as well. I thought it was just me and my inability to have conversation. Maybe one day I can send my hair in the mail.
I totally understand your "hair cut talk" experiences...it really is so uncomfortable. Very funny reading. You just need to find a friend to cut your hair so you actually know you have something to talk about and are excited to cut your hair so you'll have the excuse to talk for 45 min. By the way your hair looks great and you are doing a great service.
very very cute! you have a nice thin face so it looks great. I am the opposite. I have an addiction to getting my hair done. I go every four weeks, sometimes six. And I can't wait until I can go again! It is relaxing to me.
I love it Jess, I've never seen your hair like that, it suits you!
Oh my gosh - you are so brave to cut that much off! Its adorable though! It motivates me! :)
Jed, you are now a bona fide Mormon wife. Congrats, all you had left was short hair. It looks great too!
It looks really really good. There is only one thing that bothers me, we look WAY too much alike when your hair is short....it is kind of eerie.
Post a Comment