Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Senior Project

This is officially my last semester at BYU and I'm SOOOO excited to be done!

I don't know how I got so lucky, but some how I convinced my professors to let me work on a project I've been dreaming about for a long time and count it as my Senior Project. I'm so excited for it!

The plan was inspired by the fact that when you plan a wedding you are

a) supposed to automatically love ribbons, doves and hearts as a decorating motif and
b) spend WAY too much money

So my idea is to make a website with a bunch of wedding invitations that are designed to appeal to people with all sorts of different styles. Then the idea is to have the invitations available on two levels. One, you can order them to be printed by a professional printer. This will make them cost about as much as normal. BUT you'd also have the option of buying just the file (like a pdf image) of your invite and then I'll have links to tutorials so you can print them from home. That way you can still have pretty things even on a small budget.

Anyway, so my Senior project is to learn about web design (and as I do, put this site together) Right now I'm still definitely in the early learning stages, but I have a website and while there isn't really anything on there yet, hopefully every few days it'll get a little more put on it! Here's the link-

jessicageorgedesign.com

I'm also thinking of putting some free downloads on there too. Like, maybe some really pretty designs that you can just print out and use as really fancy wrapping paper or fancy place cards or....something... I'm trying to think of fun things that can still fall under the 'wedding' theme of the site. If you have any ideas let me know!

3 comments:

Dr. Judi said...

Dear Jessica,
Thanks for letting me know what you're doing! Your senior project sounds like a great and much needed idea. I clicked on the site and just got the name. Is there supposed to be more?
Judi M.

Doug and Jess said...

There's no more yet- I just started this semester so right now the only thing up is a place holder- but I've been working on a few files and soon they should be up! Then after that I plan to kind of add to it each day

Thanks for looking! It's so fun to hear from everyone!

gregandlaura said...

Hey -Sounds fun!! What a great idea! I am excited to sew the finished product. :)